May 31, 2012

Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
I am most proud of the knowledge I included in my presentation. I felt like I had learned so much throughout the year that I could have talked about it for another couple hours! My sources were legit, and I was able to backup my essential question with reasons as to why it related to what I was talking about.
(2) Questions to Consider
a.      What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?
AE: Overall, I feel like I did more than accomplish the goal of the 2 Hour. Not only did everyone know what my project was about, but they knew the biology, nutrition, mental, and physiological aspects of it!
b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?
P: I messed up here and there. My faulty essential question caused a misunderstanding in my exit interview. If I had said the same during my exit interview with my new essential question, I know I would have gotten a better grade. 
(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
Putting the pieces together! Everything my senior project relates from one thing to another. Nutrition leads to Exercise that lead to Results that lead a healthier lifestyle, which leads to "efficient utilization" of a gym and its community (My EQ) and all of this had roots in my science fair, 3-column chart, etc.
(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?
I had a hard time finding valuable service learning. I learned more from research than I did from service learning because it was coaching basketball, which is a bit off the subject, but still manages to cover my exercise component.

(5) Finding Value
I am a lot more knowledgeable about health, nutrition, and exercise. I know I will be a healthier person, and I know my family will begin to adapt to healthier ways because now I always warn them what's bad and what's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment