October 4, 2011

Presentation Reflection

My interview gave me a more descriptive image of how Walleed manages his 24 Hour Fitness. I knew the technical methods of managing a gym, but hearing Walleed speak of it himself made the process sound more realistic and critical. For example, one of the steps mentioned about managing a 24 Hour Fitness was creating a business plan. I thought a business plan was just a way of making sure your business is flourishing in the current state of the economy. It turned out that a business plan is literally a document that contains elements like: Description of business, Competition, Business insurance, Loan applications, Balance sheet, Breakeven analysis, Profit and loss statements, Three-year summary, & Tax returns.


During my 5-minute presentation, I made sure I stressed on the procedures of beginning a business. I gave more simple necessities that a business depends on, but that didn't specifically belong to the "fitness business". The reason I did that was in order to be able to fully present the specific procedure later on in other presentations. (According to Mr. Purther, anything that was discussed in this presentation is not to be repeated again in any other presentation.)


I had a hard time trying to figure out how to schedule an interview. Every time I would call, the manager would either be in a meeting, out to lunch, or on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment